Welcome to the official start of summer! This Monday, June 20th, marks the 2016 summer solstice, the longest day and shortest night of the year. This year’s summer solstice is happening on the same day as the full moon. It marks the 2nd of two rare consecutive full moons in the same sign. It’s an alignment that hasn’t happened in nearly 70 years.
The solstice celebrates the start of summer. It also traditionally represents a time of fulfillment. This powerful, fresh energy makes for a great time for recommitting to your goals and starting new ventures.
According to astrologer Rick Levine, however, “Unfortunately, mental Mercury’s hard aspects to methodical Saturn and visionary Neptune during this Full Moon make it difficult to realize our dreams without proper planning and plenty of hard work. On one hand, Neptune inspires our fantasies; we imagine the world as it could be rather than as it is. On the other hand, Saturn brings us back down to earth; we must deal with the facts rather than the fictions we create. Fortunately, these energies can coexist if we’re willing to be serious about reaching our goals.”
Think back to the start of the year…
- What were your New Year’s resolutions?
- What big plans did you have for yourself and your practice for this year?
- Are you still on track to make those goals successful or have you lost momentum?
Honestly assess your progress and decide on how to ramp up the action so you can achieve all the plans you made for 2016.
Take this simple step today to revive your intentions:
- On a piece of paper, write each of the original goals you made for yourself for this year.
- Underneath that, write down what steps you have already taken and celebrate the progress that you have made. Don’t forget even the smallest of successes–every step forward is progress!
- Next, write out your next 3 action steps that you will complete to get yourself moving again. Include a date on which you will complete them by.
- Sign and date your plan of action.
Keep your list somewhere where you will see it often. If it helps, try creating dated tasks for your action steps either in your planner, online task list, or cell phone app. Set reminders and follow through with each one!
There is still plenty of time to make 2016 the best year yet!
Frustrated with how things are going in your practice, and ready for a practice makeover? Click here for a FREE “Double My Practice” Strategy Session.
You’ll come away with 2 simple and effective strategic steps to help you double your practice before the end of the year. Others have done it within shorter period of time (ie, within 3 months).
I’d love to hear your progress so far and your goals for the second half of the year. Post yours in a comment below so we can celebrate & be excited for you!